Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Week 1: Day 2 | Activity 3


For Activity 3 we had to solve out the math problem. This was the question that we were given.

Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?

Thanks to Mrs Anderson for teaching me how to do maths. First I did 3 x 365 because 3 is the water every day and 365 is how many days in a year. So I times it and came up with 1095. So the answer to the maths problem is 1095

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Jaydon, my name is Billy. I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Congratulations on making a positive start to your break, completing activities to a high standard.

    I am originally from Auckland but in June I moved to London, England. So I am currently writing to you from the other side of the world. Pretty cool, right?

    Well done on arriving at the correct answer for this difficult math problem. What strategy did you use? When I solved it to I broke it apart into 300+60+5 and times each part by 3. Then added them all together; 900+180+15.

    How much water would the cactus need over a ten year period?


    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaydon,

    "WOW", what else can I say. All of your activities are always working to a high standard just like Billy said. I love the image that you've used, but remember to give credit to the author. I used the same formula as you did. 3 ml of water each time and 365 days in a year. Nice thinking. You nailed it.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Jaydon,
    I've got the same answer as you and well done on completing this activity. I like the way you've added the math problem and an image of a cacti. Would you have a cacti as a pet?
    Keep Up The Awesome Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Jaydon,
    That's great you have made a start on the summer learning journey! Usually some year 8's doesn't do the summer learning journey but this is a great learning experience!

    Have you seen a Cacti in real life? I havent.
    Are you still going to continue blogging?

    By Chavda
    Keep it up Jaydon!

    ReplyDelete